Version – 01/30/2018 (effective date)
Scroll down for full Policy. Immediately below is a summary of information we collect and ways in we use and/or disclose it. Please read our full policy BELOW THE SUMMARY.
- Our website is directed to general audiences over eighteen (18) years of age and who are capable of entering into binding obligations. READ MORE
- We collect personal information you provide to us. By personal information we mean information that is reasonably identifiable to you or to a particular device that you are using to visit Motivity Technologies, such as name, business address, email address, and telephone number. READ MORE
- We may collect analytics information automatically such as log-in details and page views. READ MORE
- We use personal information collected on the Site for a variety of reasons, including service of your account, providing information to you, and improving our services. READ MORE
- Payment processing information is collected by our third party processor. READ MORE
- When you visit the Site, we may capture certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, Internet protocol address, location-based information, browser type, time and date of access and pages accessed, linking information, click stream, page visits, page views, and website log files. READ MORE
- We do not track your activity across websites, although third parties who have a presence in or through our website may engage in such tracking. READ MORE
- We may disclose your information to certain third parties, such as our parent organization, subsidiaries and affiliates, service providers, consultants, or when under legal compulsion, or if Motivity Technologies undergoes a reorganization or sale, or as otherwise allowed by law. READ MORE
- We attempt to implement reasonable security procedures to protect your information, and we try to contract with vendors who do the same. READ MORE
- We keep your personal information for as long as we believe we need it, and for as long as the law allows us to keep it. READ MORE
- Certain rights specifically applicable to California residents. READ MORE
- You may contact us regarding the possibility of changing or deleting information. READ MORE
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. READ MORE
Children and Visitors: For the avoidance of doubt, the Site is not directed to children younger than thirteen (13) years of age. It is directed to residents of the United States over the age of eighteen and capable of entering into binding contracts. Motivity Technologies does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
What is “personal information?”
What personal information do we collect?
Personal Information We May Collect. Personal information that we collect includes information that you provide voluntarily to Motivity Technologies. Personal information requested might include, for example, your name, business address, email address, and title. Further, any information provided when signing up for the Motivity Technologies newsletter, training registration, or when using our contact request form may constitute personal information. Motivity Technologies offers you the opportunity to purchase electrical equipment/parts/services through the Site and you pay for these items with certain credit cards. Please note, we outsource processing of credit card transactions to vendors we understand to be compliant with appropriate Payment Card Industry standards for security. Our payment processor is, as of the effective date, CenPos; however, we may elect to replace CenPos with another payment processor in our discretion. When you pay for a product or other service by credit card, you will be providing your credit card number to CenPos. Motivity Technologies does not collect sensitive credit card information on the Site. We may, however, collect certain information about your transaction and purchase history as a result of your using the Site.
When you visit the Site, we may capture certain information automatically (even if you do not voluntarily provide us with personal information, or in addition to personal information that you do provide). This information may include your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, location-based information, browser type, time and date of access and pages accessed, linking information, click stream, page visits, page views, and website log files. Navigational information may include location-based information, which we use to verify your location and provide you information that is geographically useful to you. You may have the ability to disable your device’s GPS or other location-based information transmitter. If you choose to disable your device’s ability to transmit geolocation information, you may not be able to take advantage of all the Site’s offerings. As discussed below, navigational information is also captured through third party analytics and ad services.
Who can see my personal information?
Your information will not be visible to third-party individuals or the public.
How does Motivity Technologies use the information it collects?
We generally use personal information collected on the Site for the following purposes: to advise you of opportunities available on our site or elsewhere; to respond to requests for services; to provide information about your account and the proper use or misuse of the Site; to process technical or administrative issues or to communicate regarding those issues; to improve, expand, or otherwise adjust our services.
See also circumstances under which we may share or transfer personal information, discussed below.
Analytics and Advertising
- Google Analytics
How does Motivity Technologies treat “Do Not Track” requests from a user’s browser?
Users may have the option of enabling “Do Not Track” in their browsers, which sends a signal to websites that the user does not want to be tracked across multiple websites. Motivity Technologies does not track users across multiple websites, regardless of whether users have enabled “Do Not Track.” However, third parties who have a presence in or through our website, such as advertising partners, may engage in such tracking.
Does Motivity Technologies use personal information for advertising purposes?
Under what circumstances does Motivity Technologies disclose or transfer personal information to others?
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: Motivity Technologies may transfer personal information to its parent, subsidiaries, and corporate affiliates for purposes related to Motivity Technologies service offerings as such offerings may change and develop over time.
Site Consultants and Service Providers: Motivity Technologies transfers, or your visit to the Site will result in such transfer of, personal information to third-party service providers that may be hosting or housing data on behalf of Motivity Technologies or otherwise acting on its behalf as a datacenter (such as providers of hosting, cloud, technology outsourcing and support services). Additionally, Motivity Technologies may disclose personal information to the extent that our service providers require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service Motivity Technologies and the Site.
- Legal Compulsion and Motivity Technologies’ Protection: Motivity Technologies reserves the right to release personal information in response to a subpoena or otherwise when we believe that the law requires us to do so or when we believe it is necessary to resolve disputes or to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of Motivity Technologies, our users or others.
- Reorganization or Sale of Motivity Technologies: In the event that Motivity Technologies is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Motivity Technologies is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets, or a brand or line of its business, the information you provide may be one of the transferred assets for use by the acquiring entity.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law: We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
How do you keep my personal information secure?
Although we cannot guarantee that our or our third-party service providers’ servers are impenetrable, we have attempted to establish and implement reasonable safeguards to secure the information we collect online. Where we use third-party service providers to collect, store, or process data, we attempt to use third-party service providers who likewise also establish and implement reasonable procedures. In the event that our, or where applicable, our third-party service providers’ security system, is breached, we will attempt to notify you in accordance with applicable law.
Does the Site link to third party sites?
Motivity Technologies may present the opportunity to link to third party sites. When using third party sites, you should review such party’s sites to understand how they treat personal information.
While the Site may link to third party sites that track your actions on the Site, no personal information is provided by the Site to these third party sites.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to the contact address below.
Laura Del Pup
General Counsel & Privacy Officer
McNaughton-McKay Electric Company
1357 E. Lincoln Avenue
Madison Heights, Michigan 48071
How long do you keep my information?
Motivity Technologies will keep your personal information for as long as we deem it useful in our business and for as long as the applicable law allows us to maintain it. We note that our goal is to establish a relationship with our customers so that they always regard us as a resource for the services we offer. We also note that our customers always have the right to request that their information be deleted from our files. We will attempt to honor these requests, subject to applicable law and our judgment that the information is not important for us to maintain for our internal record-keeping purposes for reasons other than continuing a commercial business relationship with you (e.g., for tax, accounting and other transactional purposes).
How can I access and make changes to my personal information?
Suggestions and Ideas.